Atlantic/Ardent/INO rock outfit SKILLET has slammed into 2010 following an incredibly successful 2009 with their best selling project, AWAKE. With already over 300k in scans in just 20 weeks (more than double that of the GOLD selling COMATOSE), AWAKE was a critic and fan fave last year, Amazon.com’s best selling Christian CD of 2009, and now boasts the No. 4 mainstream Active Rock single in the country with “Monster,” which was also AOL Music’s No. 4 mainstream rock song of last year. In addition:
- “Monster” has proven to be just that for Skillet, with fans purchasing so many digital copies over the holiday, their sales increased almost 300%.
- In addition to all the success “Monster” is having, their No. 1 Christian rock and CHR track, “Hero,” has been creating a great buzz as well.
- ‘Hero” will be used in the upcoming trailers and promos for the new Twentieth Century Fox film, “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief,” which stars Pierce Brosnan and Uma Thurman and is based on the best-selling book by Rick Riordan.
- “Hero” has been used all season long by the NFL in their, Sunday Night Football and NFL Weekend Kickoff promos.
- The WWE will use the song once again as the official theme song for WWE’s Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View on January 31st. “Hero” was also a featured as part of the soundtrack to the WWE’s Tribute To The Troops TV Special, which aired just before Christmas on NBC. Skillet was promoted alongside other contributing artists including Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, and Nickelback. WWE programming reaches nearly 16 million people per week in the U.S., and WWE.com currently averages 14 million unique visitors worldwide monthly, providing more than 28 million video streams.
- In follow up to their fall AWAKE & ALIVE tour, which, due to numerous sell out shows made Pollstar’s Concert Pulse’s Top 50 tours for the fall, Skillet will hit the road with mainstream rockers Shinedown and Puddle of Mudd for the Sound of Madness 2010 tour beginning January 21st in Providence, RI.
- In March and April Skillet will co-headline the AWAKE TONIGHT tour with TobyMac for one of the most anticipated tours of the spring for the Christian concert arena. Tour dates will be announced soon.
For tour dates go to skillet.com.
P.S. DO YOU WANT MORE ARTICLES
LIKE THIS ONE DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR INBOX?
SIGN UP FOR THE END TIMES WIRE NEWSLETTER